Udyog Aadhaar or MSME registration is a certificate provided to micro, small, medium-sized businesses in India under the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act, 2006 (MSMED). Udyog Aadhaar used to be referred to as MSME registration earlier. Now, the process for obtaining MSME registration has been merged with Udyog Aadhaar registration and made online by the Government. The main objectives of the MSME department with respect to providing Udyog Aadhaar registration are as follows:
- To enable the micro, small and medium enterprises to compete with international competition efficiently;
- To promote the growth of micro, small and medium enterprises on a large scale to effectively tackle the widespread problems of unemployment and poverty;
- To extend the benefits of various government scheme at one stop to the SSI units;
- To safeguard SSI from financial harassment in the hands of big industries.
Benefits for MSME Registration
A GREAT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY
RECOGNIZED UNDER GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
PROTECTION AGAINST DELAYED PAYMENT
50% REBATE ON TRADEMARK REGISTRATION FEES
BUILD IMAGE AND CREDIBILITY IN MARKET
Documents for MSME Registration
|For Individual||For Other Than Individual|
Applicant Aadhar Card
Authorized person Aadhar Card
The applicants personal Aadhaar is the main requirement for obtaining Udyog Aadhaar in case of a proprietorship. No further documents are required other than an email and a mobile number.
- In case of proprietorship, the applicants Aadhaar must be used.
- In case of a partnership, the partners Aadhaar can be used.
- In the case of a company, the Directors Aadhaar can be used.
- In the case of LLP, the Designated Partners Aadhaar can be used.
If an applicant or authorised signatory of a business does not have Aadhaar, then he/she must first apply for Aadhaar at an Aadhaar enrolment centre. Once, the Aadhaar is obtained, the Udyog Aadhaar process can be started.